Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stolen Sunshine Day

Today I checked out the shooting locations in my neighborhood to see how they were being influenced by the advancing season. The sun was shining brightly in the morning but as soon as I stepped outside the day became overcast, with the sun breaking through only once the entire time I was out. The Millpond is used for skating in winter, but now it's caught in a limbo between Fall and freezing temperatures. The local cemetery has green grass and many fallen leaves, rendering it in orange, brown and marble red, black and grey.



The day was so overcast I was able to shoot a swan without over exposing it; usually the sun reflects too brightly from their white feathers.




Creepy bokeh.




A mutant, but very pretty, duck.




The fungus seems to still be doing well this time of year.




Creepy old tree. It had a raccoon sleeping in it. Or it was dead. Let's say sleeping.




I stopped briefly to check out the nearby cemetery. I didn't shoot much but I thought the natural wear on this headstone created a neat effect on the last name.



© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment