Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse

There's nothing like on-the-job training, especially at 1:30 a.m. while standing in a snowdrift trying to feel one's toes. There was a lunar eclipse tonight and it was very cool to watch. I took about 300 photos of the event, and had a bit of a disappointment near the end.

My tripod, up to this point completely versatile and trustworthy in every situation, let me down by not being able to 'aim up' enough. This left me with no stability for the longer-exposure shots I needed to catch the eclipse's colorful climax.

But no matter! The budding photographer in me took geek pleasure in watching the histogram change as the event wore on, and I am pleased with a set of grainy photos that might one day make an interesting montage. If only I was able to pick up my TC on the weekend, they might even have been printable. Anyway, without further ado, the moon, to nothing:












© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment