Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mill Pond, First Snow



My day started trying to shoot this photo that I see every morning when I catch the GO bus downtown. Unfortunately, I catch the bus about 15 minutes earlier than when I got there today, and I missed the good light. These rushes practically glow gold when the sun hits them.




When I turned to swear at the sun (because that makes more sense than me getting up 15 minutes earlier, right?), I saw this flock of geese flying in front of it.




There was enough light to make cool reflections on some nearby condos.




A parking lot dusted with snow and recent tire tracks made for some cool texture.




A rare positive point about shooting in winter: You can wander around the empty playground with a camera and telephoto lens and no one calls the cops. A giant turquoise tongue.




Slide curve with fake bokeh.




Rings with real bokeh.




Where the net meets the line, and small mounds of snow.




Sara Conner's recurring nightmare, dusted with nuclear ash. Or snow. No skulls to be seen.




The old bell at the fire station.




I was certainly taking my time getting to the Mill Pond. Here's a blue door that caught my eye as I walked.




We have to be very detailed with our instructions in Richmond Hill.




My overexposed swan friends, caught here swimming in the Mill Pond's last remaining open water, when the sun made a brief appearance.




One day I'll figure out how to shoot shots like this. Today was not that day.




Radical snow grain and rock.




Fat bastard with big claws. Someone else fed it; I don't because I know eventually they'll be mugging people for peanuts.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment