Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Halifax: Day 19, Heart Shaped Pond

Today I went to find the Hemlock Ravine heart-shaped pond, that I've managed to miss several times so far. It was hard to find - mostly because I've never entered the park by its main entrance. It would have been a beautiful spot, and could be again with a little attention.



On the way to the pond.




The pond itself isn't in great shape, which is a shame. It's larger than I thought. I couldn't shoot the entire pond in one frame, so I turned to the old-style benches around it.




At the top of the heart. There were ducks in the pond; it is more suited to swans.




The edges of the pond made for cool leading lines.




The path leading down to the pond, or away from it. This was taken on the way out.




A lone stump along the path.




A bit of baby greenery.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment