Monday, October 11, 2010

Halifax: Day 23, The Voyage Home

And so my Halifax adventure draws to a close. I had such a good time and I'm very, very grateful to my generous hosts. I took approximately 3,000 photos over 23 days and a few are keepers. I learned so much about my camera, photography and shooting.

It was a seductive taste of freedom for which I'll be pining for quite some time, especially as winter sets in and I'm trapped in my apartment by the dismal grey reality of winter in Richmond Hill. I'll soon be starting on my mini studio; I'm getting comfortable with this photography thing, and I don't want to miss it.



The Halifax Harbour, the cargo ship I shot many times, and Tim's apartment, as seen from seat 29A of a Boeing 767-300.




I don't fly a lot, and I'm grateful for it. I'm not desensitized to the awesome and simple beauty of what's outside a plane's window at 38,000 feet.




The secret life of clouds; their tops exposed to the sky.




Standing on the ground will never reveal this side of cloud cover. As with any change of perspective, it allows for new understanding of how clouds work.




The ever changing cloudscape. I can't be interested in on-screen in-flight entertainment with this evolving vista gliding past my window at 450 MPH.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment