Saturday, October 30, 2010

Phyllis in the Fall

Today I spent some time shooting at the Phyllis Rawlinson Park, my first and likely only visit there in the Fall. While the day was overcast, as seems to be the case whenever I go to the park, it was still nice way to spend the afternoon. It also gave me a chance to try out my new camera bag, about which I have mixed feelings.



I tried to think more about isolating subjects this run, and the amazing color opportunities I found.




Combining both lead to some interesting shots. The overcast day helped keep the backgrounds very flat.




I do love me my benches.




The copper eaves troughs should be in color in this shot, but the rope/wire was a very tacky green color that destined this photo for black and white.




Some symmetry and texture.




Beautiful thistles.




Isolation of white on brown.




Isolation of reds.




Some kind of crazy seed pod, half destroyed and lying on a footbridge.




Orange oaks and an attempt to capture the third dimension.




And to think a couple of months ago I was lamenting the excess of green. Now it stands out like spilled alien blood.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment