Sunday, July 11, 2010

Flash Fun



No flash. 105mm



Two flashes, left and right, blue gels. 105mm



Two flashes, left and right, left blue gel, right red gel. 105mm

Today was 'mess with the flash kit day', and it was fun. I have no (zero) experience with studio photography, and my apartment is definitely not a studio. I had light coming from everywhere - the LED on my CPU, daylight through my balcony window, stray light from the kitchen... It was out of control. When I tried blocking out the light sources there wasn't enough ambient light to see what I was doing, so I had to compromise.

Throughout the process I messed with the remote release, the viewfinder cap (my camera does not have a viewfinder shutter, and instead relies on a small, easy to lose piece of plastic), and a variety of settings on the camera itself. Learned how to activate the on-screen histograms, which is very useful to me.

Next up... hopefully some long exposure night shots during the week.

© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment