Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A Little Macro Warm-Up



Practically a 1:1 shot, almost impossible to focus by hand. Like a lot of these photos, kept it for the colors. 105mm



Yay! Bug! 105mm



This flower was on the shade side of the building, made focusing hand held very difficult. 105mm



This one was on the windy side of the building, and I would not have included it (because I really didn't hit the focal point I wanted - again), except it was the best of 10 and the color is fantastic. 105mm



I enjoy this one because it looks like a field of flowers, in the middle of a flower. 105mm

Tonight I came home and had a swim, and in the wake of the resulting exercise high I decided to annoy my neighbors and shoot the flowers around my building. I hope to do my first real field outing this weekend, weather and filters arrival permitting, and I wanted to make sure I understood what problems I'd face before then. Hopefully, to figure out a way to avoid them.

I think my biggest challenge for field macro will be working with the tripod. Essentially every shot needs one. I could cheese out and crop my photos, meaning I could stay further away from the subject and hope for the best - but I didn't get a 12MP camera so I could have a 300px wide subject. The challenge is on! I just hope it isn't windy.

I really want to get one 1:1 shot in focus!

© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment