Monday, July 26, 2010

To the Moon, Alice

Tonight's post is short, partially to make up for yesterday's gargantuan post. I thought it might also be nice to break up zoo posts with something different. The moon is almost full, and apparently the full moon is not the best time to shoot it - something I learned tonight.

It makes sense if you think about it. Light hitting the moon on an angle would create darker shadows and create better depth on the surface. Learn something new every day! Perhaps next time I shoot the moon, I'll be out of the city's light pollution umbrella.

And... Ta da!



Here it is, the best I could muster in the big city, on my balcony, in my jammies. It's ok for my 18-200mm, which grabs 300mm with the 1.5x crop sensor conversion, but I would definitely be better off with a longer lens.



Something a little artsie - the moon passed behind a maple tree on its way up to where I meant to shoot it; this creepy photo is the result.

Tomorrow, or maybe the next day, it's back to the zoo for some cropped shots and some hidden treasures I missed the first time around. Enjoy!

© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment