Monday, August 30, 2010

Light Rays at Mill Pond

Tonight I didn't really have a plan, but I wanted to get some exercise and walked to the Mill Pond. I was treated to a display of light rays bouncing off clouds, and while the colors were not spectacular (hence the black and white photos), it made for a nice backdrop.

In other news I'm blaming Goldenrod for my recent allergy flare ups, because there doesn't appear to be anything else blooming.



The first decent photo of the fountain I've shot.




The geese are gathering in numbers; two flocks took off while I was there.




This artistic blur occurs when you forget to open the aperture, up the ISO and increase the shutter speed before shooting low-light action. It was very exciting and stuff.




I've walked by this barn (that appears to be filled with wicker chairs?) every time I've been to the pond, but this is the first time I've seen it. Would be an awesome shot in the morning, if not for the wicker.




This was me goofing around with fill flash. I was using the on-camera flash so it's very uneven. I ordered my shoe-mount flash today, so there will be more of this kind of thing in the near future - when I can hand-hold the flash or mount it on a tripod.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment