Friday, August 13, 2010

So I Went to a Church

Tonight I crossed off shooting the local United Church. It looks so boring during the day, and 'almost' has character. I thought some sunset/dusk photography would give it life.



This is the church in the early moments of sunset, being boring. It faces west, and it doesn't get framed by colored clouds during sunset. It might at sunrise... I've not seen it then.



This is the view across the street to the north. Richmond Hill is slowly dragging the 'downtown' core out of the Fantasia era and into a cleaner, family-friendlier world. Some of the buildings, like these, hearken back to the not so good old days.



This is a close up of the church's main stained glass window. It features a back-lit Christ and what appears to be, his set of golf clubs.



I like that 'downtown' Richmond Hill has so many mature trees. And that the city puts a lot of effort every year into landscaping and gardening. It really makes the place feel like it has more character than it does.



The best for last. I didn't use a tripod this time; I want to shoot the new arts center at night and will probably use a tripod then. It makes me look like a photographer though, and I hate to use it because I think someone will kick me off the premises. I guess if it happens it will make for a good story.

© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment