Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halifax: Day 12, Harbour Authority

Day 12 was a bit of a change of pace; I encountered the military, at a distance, and I took a walk down to the waterline of the harbour.



I got an early start on day 12, or perhaps a late end to day 11. Caffeine loaded and trapped in insomnia land, I decided to play with the shadows in Tim's living room. The light from a Tungsten bulb on a building across the way shone through the balcony railing and door to leave a 'cell wall' shadow. I set up my 35mm and posed for a few shots, standing between the balcony door and the wall, and holding very still for the six second exposure. The orange tint is from the Tungsten light.




It took three tug boats to turn this ship around at its moorings. I took this shot from Tim's balcony.




Later in the day I walked down to the harbour, across the Bedford highway, and the train tracks servicing the harbour.




The harbour bridge and coal power plant from the water line.




A helicopter was buzzing around all day, and started doing some exercises of some kind in the harbour.




The harbour isn't exactly prime beach. Many shale-like rocks, sharp, likely because of the relatively gentle water erosion.




I enjoyed seeing the harbour bridge from the water line. It was easier to get an idea of its size.




Near the end of my walk, the helicopter (or one just like it) did a fly by... of me.




A bad shot, because of the light and the reach, but I like it because it shows them watching me watching them watching me etc. etc. etc.




A bit of color amongst the rocks and shells and other harbour detritus.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment