Friday, September 24, 2010

Halifax: Day Six, More Harvest Moon

Tonight we went to another beach, and it was massive. The Harvest Moon is still in its glory; I took more light shots that included some experimentation with lenses, motion and combining flash and long exposures.



It quickly became apparent that standing in the middle of the giant beach would leave my photos without a decent frame of reference. I tried to aim at the closest end of the beach to capture a much needed anchor.




The sky was much more alive tonight, and the cloud cover remained interesting for the entire sunset.




Camera movement combined while aimed at the small stones where the surf broke against the beach made for this cool blur.




The moon rose gigantic, and promptly disappeared behind a cloud bank. It was so fast I almost missed it; three more frames like this fired off in rapid succession and the moon completely disappeared.




I had time to shoot some surf with a struggling 18-200mm...




...and then the moon reappeared from behind the clouds.




It was a true orange color, that I had a difficult time catching before it went higher in the sky and lost the hue.




I settled for trying to capture the sunset along the horizon, and some of the scary sounding waves breaking on the point where I stood. Scary, because they were large and broke very close to me, sounding like thunder.




Before we left the sky had become overcast, indicative of tomorrow's weather forecast.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment