Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Three Coins Open Kitchen

There's a greasy spoon near my place that's been around for a very, very long time. It's decorated with old photos of Richmond Hill, and it's the place I go when I want a serious breakfast and feel too lazy to make one. It has the coolest neon sign in 'downtown' Richmond Hill, and a week ago when I did my graveyard shoot I noticed it'd been left on at night.

Tonight I ventured out in the steady mist hoping to catch it on again; sadly, I was disappointed. My total time outside was about 15 minutes. This weather is really going to depress me!

I took a couple of shots to get some ideas for the next time I see the sign on in low light. And, having nothing better to do, I decided to see if the old adage of 'Photoshop can make any image look good' is true. It's in black and white because without the neon lights on, there's no point in color.



I'm going to be a lot happier with the real photo, if and when it happens. Bleh.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment