Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halifax: Day Five, Back to the Woods

My problem with the forest park behind Tim's place - which is a beautiful ravine and trails system - is that I can't capture what I see when I go into it. The quiet cool light, the whispering of the hemlocks, the crazy exposed roots systems... but I haven't figured out how to capture it yet.

I spent time in there for three days now and tried three different lenses and haven't been able to nail it. Today was the 105mm and macro.



This has absolutely nothing to do with the woods. But I was checking the 35mm lens on my camera and took this photo by accident. Can't wait until I do more still life over the winter... need to get some cool subjects!




A baby pine cone amongst the lichen.




A fried lichen egg.




Fuzzy fungus; I remember taking shots of larger versions of the same fungus in Richmond Hill.




Different fungus, like miniature oak leaves with spikes.




Depth of field fun on a dead birch, showing bug paths under the bark.




Birch bark.




I cheated a bit on Fall colours for this one.




Restless roots.




A mini water fall.


© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment