Sunday, September 26, 2010

Halifax: Day Nine, Shrooms and Dogs

Today was a lovely relaxing day of walking in the woods and taking the dogs to the beach, and the the photos are unsurprisingly a mix of forest macro and dog portraits. The weather was overcast but occasionally opened up for some decent light, as seen in the macro shots. I had two assistants finding macro subjects for me and it was a huge help. Six eyes > two.



My two assistants located this fun looking Smurf house.




I love this color of orange. One day I will learn why things become the colors they do. While the two obvious reasons are to attract or repel insects and animals, neither seems to apply to this fungus.




A rotting tree stump with some incredibly delicate details.




Fungus separating a rotting tree stump from some lichen.




One of my favs; a narrow depth of field and isolated subjects makes this work.




A perfect brown dome growing on the side of a fallen tree.




Berries and a splash of color on green.




Senior citizen mushroom.




A mushroom scene reminiscent of coral.




A woodpecker spotting challenge for color blind predators.




Legendary toupee lichen.




Angel hair hanging moss. Lichen. Pasta. Whatever.




This giant spider was approximately two millimeters long.




More crazy isolated fungus growing on a living tree.




Lulu at rest.




Lulu at play.




Mook at rest.




Mook at play.




Beach freedom.



© Jeremy Buehler and Bug Noir (www.bugnoir.com), 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Went hiking with Frances this past weekend, got a lot of good mushroom pics. I'll share them upon your return. And wouldn't my battery run dry as soon as the sun came out low and warm on the horizon casting amazing shadows and light after a mostly overcast day? Yes, yes it would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've been very lucky with rationing my battery so far; I haven't been caught short yet. Looking forward to seeing the shroom pics.

    ReplyDelete